Who We serve
Some lease consultants serve landowners, while at the same time working for wireless carriers. We see that as a conflict of interest. Since it’s conception in January 2004, Steel in the Air has been servicing property owners almost exclusively in wireless lease negotiations against wireless carriers, cell tower companies and lease buyout companies. In addition to representing over 2,500 property owners (including municipal governments, universities, major airports, condo associations and individual landowners), we perform cell site audits and evaluate tower portfolios for appraisers, investors and owners of wireless assets.
Ken Schmidt, Steel in the Air’s founder, is a renowned industry expert, and has owned, operated, and brokered cell towers for over fifteen years. If you haven’t already, please take a moment to read Ken’s “Message from the President.
Steel in the Air welcomes questions concerning any aspect of cellular lease negotiations. If your question is simple and one that we can answer off the top of our head, we will gladly give you the advice you need in good faith and at no cost. However, if your question is more complex or requires further research, we will propose a fee for our services. If you are already party to a wireless telecom lease and have received proposals to modify it, we are happy to review your lease and provide feedback on what you need to do to handle the situation.
If You Have Any Of The Following Questions, Please Contact Us. We’re Happy To Help.
- How do I best renegotiate the lease duration, rent or rent escalation percentage?
- How much compensation should I expect for collocation (the addition of tenants)? Is it in my best interest to sell my lease to a third-party?
- Is my lease likely to increase or decrease in value going forward?
- What is the fair market value of my lease and what factors influence its value?
- How will emerging technologies and market dynamics affect my telecom assets?