Unison Site Management Lease Buyout Offers
Unison Site Management is what we call a third-party lease buyout company. Its purpose is to provide lump-sum payments to landowners in exchange for the rights to receive future revenue from the cellular lease. This one-time payment is typically discounted from the future value of the cell tower or cell site lease, in exchange for Unison carrying the risk that the lease might be terminated in the future.
In addition to the buyout offer, Unison maintains that it will proactively market cell site locations to other carriers, resulting in additional revenue that it will split with the property owner 50/50. We caution our clients to beware of offers such as these. Other companies might be willing to purchase your lease, as well – without taking half of any future potential revenue.
A good question to ask the Unison Site Management representative is how many employees they have on board whose sole job is to market acquired cell tower sites to wireless carriers. Ask them if you would still have to split revenue with them if the interested carrier were to contact you directly.
How to Level the Playing Field
If you have been approached by a company who is interested in buying your cellular lease, we recommend that you first prepare by evaluating the following questions.
- Why is Unison Site Management interested in buying my cell site lease?
- Is there additional revenue that I am sacrificing by selling the lease?
- What is the risk that my cell site lease will be terminated early?
- How many years should I apply a present value calculation to?
- What are the benefits of these types of transactions?
- How will I be taxed on this transaction? (Consult your tax attorney or accountant)
- Are there other companies that might be willing to purchase this cell site lease?
- Will these other companies pay more for the cell site lease?
- How will current industry dynamics, including mergers and acquisitions between wireless carriers and cell tower companies, as well as changing wireless infrastructure deployment plans, affect my lease in the near future?
- Is this the best offer that Unison Site Management can give?
Steel in the Air has assisted over 3,000 clients with cellular lease negotiations, lease buyouts and cellular asset valuation. We are seasoned wireless communications and infrastructure deployment consultants, and know the wireless industry, how the game is played and what motivates the players, better than any other independent consultants. If you’re interested in how to strategically position yourself and achieve the most valuable outcome, please contact us.
Please contact us for a free estimate on the cost of our services.
If you found this page in error while looking for Unison Site Management- please visit http://www.unisonsite.com/. We counsel clients who have been approached by Unisom to sell their cell tower leases. Steel in the Air is not affiliated with Unison Site Management.